Sunday, July 5, 2015

A student of life and An instrument of God

A student of life and
An instrument of God
July 5, 2015
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


“I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, strengthened by my faith...”
GYR

And all along I ignored that in the pain from my past lied the answers. I was in the dark to my vision, my mission, my reason, my purpose, my meaning, therefore I had been neglecting and denying the woman I was meant to become. Now that my mind has unclogged, I can clearly visualize my responsibility as a human being. My phone conversation with grandpa Hal yesterday, thrusted me to revisit my adolescence when I was livin’ La Vida Loca, when I dodged any type of responsibility. At that moment my mind, soul and spirit were illuminated with what I long sought for - the crystal clear vindication of me, and my heart was filled with the divine invasion that had paid me a visit other times before.

At last I can regard myself as a ‘normal’ person for whatever that means. I am still incredulous as to how long it’s taken me to get ‘there,’ because all along I was ravaged by skepticism. In fact, reluctance is trying to break into my space right now, it is trying to rob me from peace now that I need to make a very important decision professionally-wise before the fall arrives. I would assume that ‘normal’ people are occasionally infringed with disbelief as well.

Grandpa always reiterates this, “you’ve gone a long way young lady, I cannot believe how much you have accomplished despite all the setbacks lying in your journey, I don’t know a single person like you.” It is very nice to hear a wise 89 year old’s affirmations but there is still so much to get ‘there’ professionally. I told grandpa about the talks Father Romo at F. S. S. P. had my husband and I listen to before we can say our vows through the catholic church. Talks, readings, audios, positive and spiritual people in my life have been the right fuel I’ve always needed to help me revert all my negative emotions and purge my heart, soul and spirit from all corrupting memories.

The Philosophy of Life - The Way People Regard Life 
It goes like this:

There are two ways to start your day, these ways define the type of person you are.
- Be grateful for everything you were gifted with, and be happy.
OR:
- Complain and look for excuses and an escape to be unhappy.

2. And the difference between a normal and an abnormal person.
An abnormal person looks for excuses, escape mechanism, rationalization, in order to avoid discovering the meaning and purpose of life. The abnormal person is locked up in his/her own mind.
 A normal person sets for him/herself a time/goal. What do you want to do once you reach a goal, and then another. And then what? A normal person knows what that ‘then’ means, but more than that, what that entails; time, energy, effort, sometimes money, insistence, persistence, faith, focus. A normal person asks him/herself, “What is it all about, where do I go from here, where, and how do I find it?”

On these grounds, I no longer grant my past the benefit of burglarizing my territory because not only do I NOT want to dig for excuses and be abnormal, but also because I am at a point where I not only do I reason my meaning and purpose of life, I am acting upon my mission. Who would I be if I don’t stand up for what I believe?

As a steadfast alumni of life, when I open my eyes at the crack of dawn, I slowly integrate into the promise of a new day. In despite of feeling lethargic at times, the first thing I do is:
1. Be grateful for the blessings I am gifted with.
2. Pray to fix my flaws to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, human, mother (whether or not I am meant to be a mother), professional, peer.
3. Devote my loved ones, my thoughts, actions, work, projects and everything to the divine power above me.
4. Pray to keep all evil in every way, shape and form, away from my family, my loved ones, my friends, my home, my neighborhood, my community, my society, my world and my universe.
5. Pray so I only welcome nothing but optimism regardless of what lies ahead, and that every abstract deterrent is an enriching lesson which will help me grow as the spiritual woman I am.

Because after all, I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, strengthened by my faith, and I chose to be a ‘normal’ person.



No comments: