Sunday, May 18, 2014

Un sueño convertido en pasión, una pasión desviada a una realidad

A dream turned into a passion,
a passion diverted to reality
May 18, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman

Un sueño convertido en pasión, una pasión desviada a una realidad

June 27 will be the day to publish ‘Rules and Tools that Build Successful Women, How to Find Balance’ e-book in which I am co-author. I remember very vividly exactly ten years ago on May 2004 when I told a two or three very close people that I wanted to write a book. “I want to write a book,” I said only because I loved expressing myself through words but I was very distant from it at that time. I only said it but I never put a time frame to it, neither did I plan or form it and on top of that, I was very clueless about what in the world I’d write about. Sometimes I thought about writing my biography but there are many stages in my life that I would not want to re-visit because I don’t want to stir particular emotions.

Barely in 2009 I created a very dull blog in which I only posted ten times throughout the year. In 2010 I made some progress but it was still insufficient according to my standards. In 2011 I made a somewhat bigger effort and increased the number of posts but I was still not content about it. Towards the end of 2011, I had a face-off with myself and after some serious self talk, I  was ready and felt propelled to take a higher step to double those prior numbers. I made it happen just like I do when I am determined. It may take me a while or a lot longer than it takes some people to get things done, but I eventually make it happen. In 2013 I was very fulfilled with my number of posts.

I don’t make money to write but I devote some time to it because it’s always been an escape from the cajoling circle of life. That’s why I didn’t necessarily made it a goal to write a book even when I knew it was/is one of my greatest loves and rules to help me find balance. Even last year when Self Growth invited me to be guest writer for their online magazine and to be contributing author for their book, ‘101 Ways to Make Yourself more Marketable,’ I didn’t feel ready nor did I believe that it would eventually happen, much sooner than expected.

Last year I redesigned my blog and geared it towards all of my passions and rules to find symmetry. Therefore, at the beginning of this year I thought about re-vamping it to attract more traffic. Five months ago, I was still unbeknownst as to how close my childhood dream that turned into a passion as an adolescent, would be diverted into reality real soon. Mid February came and after some serious consideration, I finally became a member of the International Women’s Leadership Association which was the milestone that would lead me to this dream come true. Within two weeks or less since I became a member, I learned about this project and everything else is history. On Wednesday when I turned in my chapter, at last it dawned on me that without thinking about it or planning it, it happened. Once I told myself like Ayn Rand implied, not only do I want it real, I want to share my glories and victories with someone else who wants it as much as I do. Otherwise what is the point of life?

“I want to see, real, living, and in the hours of my own days, that glory I create as an illusion. I want it real. I want to know that there is someone, somewhere, who wants it, too. Or else what is the use of seeing it, and working, and burning oneself for an impossible vision? A spirit, too, needs fuel. It can run dry.”

Ayn Rand

I am not feeling the zeal fully yet, perhaps on June 27 when I see the finalized published product. Until then I will let it fully sink in. Now I’ve witnessed that all our dreams can become a passion and we can turn that passion into reality if we really want them.

No comments: