Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The circle of life


The circle of life
September 24, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


A married couple and students of mine had me for breakfast last Saturday. Our automatic click since day one made the class pretty cool, fun and interesting and our breakfast very pleasant and relaxing. We talked nonstop until I had to run to a conference meeting. 

One of the most interesting topics we discussed was the circle of life which has to do with the cyclicle nature of life; birth, life, reproduction, fulfillment in every area and death. 
Most of these are parallel to my ABC’s: 

1) Spirituality (Espiritualidad)

2) Family (familia):

3) Professional/success (Profesión laboral cconomía):

4) Time (tiempo): health and fitness, charity work, reading, playing with words, Health (salud):

5) Emotions (emociones): reflecting

6) Human relations (relaciones intrapersonales): Friends, relationships

7) Self-fulfillment (satisfacción): embracing the simplicity of life...

It takes all of the aforestated to be in full symmetry in pursuance of a healthy mind, body and soul. 

I am not startled that most of the areas in my life are in sync subsequent to a little over two years of hurt, nothing but gray days, dire straits and gloom and doom. 

During that stage the only aspect favouring me was my physical health unlike now. My health has declined a fair amount.

1) My spirituality was on a very fine line about to wither forever. 

2) My family and I hit the bottom and we were making our best effort to stay afloat together. 

3) My success was very shaky and I lost self-credibility 

4)My time was not calibrated well, I lost interest in all the things I liked. I had a lot of free time and I didn’t know how to use it productively.

5) My emotions were not well synchronized as I was an emotional mess due to different circumstances.

6) Human relations (relaciones intrapersonales): I had A LOT of friends (I still do), I was much more sociable a few years back. Yet at work I was very shy.

7) Self-fulfillment (satisfacción): embracing the simplicity of life... The only aspect where I was self-fulfilled was physically.


Four years later this is where I am at:
  1. Spirituality: I reconciled with my religion, got close to and recurred to praying and believing. As a traditionalist and part of F. S. S. P., I am no longer caught up amid angst, solitude or sadness. I’d never experienced such peace that I would NEVER trade it for anything. I’ve forgiven myself for all the mistakes and people I’ve hurt and my infinite daily wrongdoings. 
  2. Family: Just the 10 of us Romans plus the second generation Romans, have made up and let go of many painful past happenings as a whole.
  3. Success: I am in a higher place now than four years ago because I have built self-confidence and credibility. I am very happy in this sense.
  4. Time: I use my time wisely for the most part. I am doing all the things I love doing. I invest my time like this: Spirituality, family, work and business ethics, health and fitness, charity work, reading, playing with words, reflecting and embracing the simplicity of life. I give socializing very little importance because I love spending my time wisely and abiding by my ABC’s.
  5. My emotions: They are well balanced. It took me A LONG time to reach this point and I really cherish this aspect.
  6. Human Relations in general: I am not as afraid or timid as I used to be when interacting in a business setting. Though I’ve become a little more timid in social settings. I have put frequent socializing (I still socialize occasionally) at the end of my priorities. 
  7. Self-fulfillment: Overall I am very self-fulfilled, especially after I learnt to let sleeping dogs lie as far childhood, adolescence, young adulthood and later in life matters. 
  8. Physically: I am weaker, softer and rounder than ever and as frustrated as I tend to get sometimes, I’ve learnt some relaxation strategies to welcome acceptance and to avoid wasting energy unnecessarily. I will take it easy what's left of this year but January first is my landmark to push myself a little more and slowly progress until I get to a higher level. 


There are other things that I would like to have in my circle of life and to be 100% fulfilled but I don’t fret on it too much as not a single human being on earth will ever be able to have it all.



El círculo de la vida

No comments: