Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ignited by my ABC’s

Ignited by my ABC’s
March 30, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


I can’t help reacting very emotionally every time I talk to grandpa Hal because he is one of of the most symbolic people in my life and the one who’s believed in me the most ever since I was a young and wild yet insecure adolescent. Our one to two hour over the phone talks are never enough because we have too much to talk about. Today we touched base on the meaning of ten years. May 20 will mark the tenth anniversary of a change that impacted my life in many disappointing, saddening, joyful and fulfilling moments. It seems as if time had frozen all through that decennial and I feel a huge empty void within like my sister told me the other day.

In the course of 2004 to 2014 some dreams and goals that were not meant to be fell through the cracks, unfortunately or fortunately, somewhere along the road some people faded from my life, there has been disappointment, hurt, anger, frustration, physical hardship that took a toll on my health, solitude, abandonment but like I reiterated to grandpa today, “Yes, there has been all of that and many times I have wished that some things would’ve been different but I accept it considering that it hasn’t been all that bad.”

On a more positive aspect, I’ve been undeterred by those significant hurdles in my life because I’ve determined myself to strive for better and never look back. I have defied life, spiritually, personally, professionally, physically and in every single aspect to reach out to the long-sought parallelism in this cajoling circle of life propelled by my eagerness for success which has turned into the passion that will reveal my purpose one day sooner rather than later. My conviction has been my fuel to grow wiser, more confident, emotionally stronger, I’ve accomplished a lot more than ever professionally and spiritually and I am very self-fulfilled.

I told grandpa that every single human being in the world is endowed with certain gifts and it is our duty to disclose them and use them to define our purpose by channeling and sharing those gifts with others. And that is exactly what I’ve done. Since I chose the less traveled road which can be entwined with constant fear, insecurities, and obstacles, I have wreaked vengeance and balanced my world with my ABC’s:  Spirituality, family, work and business ethics, health and fitness, charity work, reading, playing with words, reflecting and embracing the simplicity of life...

There is no trace of that insecure young woman who always dreamt and never set goals. I have worked very arduously to get to where I've wanted to, and in result of that, every day I am one step closer to reaching another one of my victories. Especially this week, I was caught in an outburst of joy when I received an invitation to be part of a writing project to be launched in June, (I don’t want to say too much beforehand) and I was also invited to do a health and fitness interview on April 10 which will be broadcasted on April 27 on 105.9 FM.

All these meaningful events in my life are another milestone I’ve crossed by following my passion, my sanctuary. Finally ignited by my ABC's, I am resonating with it all...


Sagittarius 11/22-12/21 You need a new metaphor -- something that resonates with you on a deeper level. Search through your favorite books, but get ready for inspiration from random sources, too. A change is coming! -

No comments: