Friday, March 14, 2014

Sarita Miel or Sarita Lee


Sarita Miel, or Sarita Lee
March 14, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


‘Look deep down into nature, 
and then you will understand
everything better.’
Albert Einstein




I am not as big on pictures as I used to be for several reasons. One of them is because I am always either on my work clothes, my workout outfit, or my jammies. Another one is based on the grounds that it is very tough to find beauty in its true essence when we are bombarded with hard core frivolousness. Yesterday was one of the  few times that I’ve been driven to get a glimpse of a resplendent and revitalizing image in a long time...my fruit basket. All that charm will always have to stay in my mind because I didn’t catch it on my ipad or camera. 

I was very encapsulated in my own thoughts that once again this morning on my way to mass I couldn’t stop thinking about all the charming goods our mother nature gifted us with, yet saddened to know that humans are our own destruction. We live in a world where technology, fashion, etc., keep growing day by day to “our” benefit. At the same time some of us may never regard the downside of it. We are too involved that we’ve built a strong dependency upon it. I wonder how frequently how many of us take time to appreciate one of our best gifts. I mean, what else could we ask for? The best things in life are free. 

Sometimes when I get whiny about everything, I try to focus on all the blessings lying in my hands vs. what I don’t have. When that happens, I try to revert my mind to this thought: 

‘I’ve seen better days, 
but I’ve also seen worse. 
I don’t have everything that I want,
but I do have all I need.
I woke up with some aches and pains,
but I woke up.
My life may not be perfect,
but I am blessed.’

That’s why when I was savoring a peach earlier today, I truly loved my fruity basket and when I got home I went directly into the kitchen to get at least part of it. Sarita Miel, a tasty pineapple, that amazing blend of green and yellow which coincidentally has my mother’s name...Sarita, only this is ‘Sarita Miel,’ unlike my mother, “Sarita Lee.’
Two true and natural beauties... 

No comments: