Thursday, September 26, 2013

Through the eyes of God


Trough the Eyes of God
September 26, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



Reflexions by: GYR, Mea Spirituali Res, March 31, 2013:

“Later in my twenties, I was ready for a new spiritual quest when I moved to Sacramento. As a result, I started going to English mass which I really enjoyed but had a hard time learning the missal but I eventually narrowed down most of it. I never confessed this to anyone but during all or most of my high-intensity season trainings up in the mountains at  Howarth Park in Santa Rosa, on the Sacramento River trail, at Mckinley park, or at the stadium in Sacramento City College, Sacramento State University, or during most of my state meets and competitions, I constantly prayed silently and did a lot of self-talk. Time after time, I asked God to manifest his unconditional love to me by helping me find my (his) way. I asked him to reach out to me not based on my appearance, my intelligence, the color of my skin, my social status, or my  failures but based on the grounds of being another one of his disoriented children who wanted to serve his purpose, yet those talks went ‘unanswered.’ 

I possibly denied myself from sensing and seeing his intense, direct and clear presence.  I kept telling myself, “I have the right attire worthy of a competitive and professional athlete and I’ve done quite well at keeping at a physically fitness level...yet, I long for mental fitness which is as equally important to compete for your glory. If my head is not fully in you, I will always lose. 

All through my life my intuitive self has challenged my faith (and all the other aspects that entail (The Circle of Life), and raised many questions, such as: Why is this happening? Where is God when it hurts? Why doesn’t he doesn’t do something? Why doesn’t he reach out to me when I need him the most? Where is the protection he promised? Why doesn’t he answer prayers and grant me all my requests whenever and however I want them? How can I fathom your presence? How can I unravel your existence? Are you manifested through certain humans, through someone’s voice, through the immaculateness of a child, through a mother's tenderness, through words and music, through the act of love and forgiveness, through an object?”

Reflexions by: GYR continued, September 26, 2013
“I am unaware of, or on denial to fully engage and accept my nature, the only spiritual, emotional and physical sustenance in the midst of any ‘impossible’ obstacle. Help me surrender to your will but more than anything, help me hear and regard life through your eyes. Help me   purify my mind, body and soul all through this quest . Show me how to reach out to you through ups and downs and if/when my heart gets wounded and if I hurt others,  open my soul and give me the right tools to avoid letting my actions speak louder than my words. 

Thank you for letting me witness you earlier today during El Apostolado de la Virgen, and for endowing me with the most valuable gift any human being on this planet could ever ask for...."

Spiritual and mental peace. 
Priceless!!








No comments: