Thursday, February 21, 2013

A lot of things are inherent


A lot of things are inherent
February 21st, 2013
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


Last night's chat with a friend made me reminiscence of the good 'ole days during my alma matter years. They were one of the most remarkable stages in my early life because that is where I met my true love. THE one…or so that's what my deceitful heart and tricky mind made me believe. Although we soon parted our separate ways due to unexpected circumstances, about eight years later our paths reunited. 

We both were caught in a roller coaster of emotions which led us to give it another shot. Making the long story short, we had grown apart and things were undoubtedly not the same. All the prior years of respect and transparency were dumped at once. Needless to say, that relationship was irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged…and even shattered. Things were NEVER the same and we definitely didn't strove for it. Shortly after, that episode was wrapped up for good. 

The first time we split up, that empty void was never filled. It felt somewhat like this:

“You will lose someone you can’t live without,and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” 

Time after I found a new job and while picking up the small particles of my broken heart, I encountered my soon to be "the greatest love of all time." I ignore the what, where, when, how, why…things happened at the blink of an eye when it was least expected.

We came across too many determining factors that forced us to follow separate paths. Distance only made my heart grow fonder this time. Unlike the first time, my mind, heart and soul indicated that he was my soul mate. 
We reunited again about a year and a half later but the enchantment was not long-lasting either (I would have to write a book to talk about all that episode); in other words, value didn't have a value because neither one of us gave value its value.

What I've learned from these experiences, is to juggle the game of life and accept that the ball will NOT always bounce right back. Sometimes it will bounce lower than ever, therefore our job is to get a hold of it, make it find its equilibrium and stay put.We must keep that frail crystal ball together at all times because once it breaks, it will never be put back to its original form. 

I've also learnt that life is about winning, losing, accepting and letting go. 
And to strongly believe in love. The love of a true and loyal friend, that of a mother, the love of life and existence as a whole… that is why I am biding my time for THE one to better understand the purpose of humanity, the meaning of two becoming one. 

“A lot of things are inherent in life -change, birth, death, aging, illness, accidents, calamities, and losses of all kinds- but these events don't have to be the cause of ongoing suffering. Yes, these events cause grief and sadness, but grief and sadness pass, like everything else, and are replaced with other experiences. The ego, however, clings to negative thoughts and feelings and, as a result, magnifies, intensifies, and sustains those emotions while the ego overlooks the subtle feelings of joy, gratitude, excitement, adventure, love, and peace that come from Essence. If we dwelt on these positive states as much as we generally dwell on our negative thoughts and painful emotions, our lives would be transformed.” 

No comments: