Thursday, December 20, 2012

My latest fitness allies


My latest fitness allies
December 20, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



Yesterday was my first thirty-five minute granny walk or any attempt to move since late August. My first reaction was, "No, it'd be better to give my knee at least another two weeks." It only took me five seconds to revert that thought and I immediately reached out for my new pair of cross trainers waiting in the closet.
My knee throbbed insignificantly for a few minutes but when I got home I rushed to do my twenty minute therapy and the pain subsided almost instantaneously.

Today my therapist integrated more exercises to my routine plus added a little weight. I felt nothing but thrill and resplendence when she expressed that I am the  fastest recovery patient since she started her career as a physical therapist. 

After my therapy, I did another forty minute stroll and walked a little faster than yesterday which my knee didn't take too well forcing me to sit down briefly. In contrast to fretting, I was more at ease because my intuition tells me that everything will be just fine, plus, my January goal will be met!

I had envisioned exactly that..
Start out early or mid December by integrating a few strolls here and there, following some light ab and arm work three times a week and be good to go in January.

In addition to that, sum a little boost with my latest fitness allies to reacquire my old shape,  the strong and fit body I deserve (but better than ever this time to challenge and prove myself that age can make me stronger and better):

1) The 2013 Women's Health Training Guide which includes a killer ab routine by gorgeously cut Anna Kournikova, all kinds of diet tips for every age and more great and useful health tips.

2) The Women's Running Mag with a killer routine for sculpted abs with the kettle bell. 

3) The Muscle & Fitness - Hers Mag with awesome tips for shapely legs and to get lean all over. 

4) The nutri-bullet (I'll go into further depth about this in my next post). This nutriblast is THE world's first nutrition extractor!


Plus my other accomplices that will take about eights weeks to get in the mail since there's not a single place to find them in this city.

1) The Runner's Guide to Yoga. 
By: Sage Rountree

2) Successful Running at 30's, 40's, 50's and beyond
By: Keran Barrett

3) Reset your Biological Clock
By: Al Sears MD

After having gone all the stages; anger, frustration, sadness, anxiety, stress, these magnificent resources will help me make the most of the (MY) rebound. 

I am sooo looking forward to re-welcoming my fitness quest!
What a great way to say farewell to this year and to embrace the one lying ahead.

No comments: