Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rest in Peace Granny M. Lou

Rest in Peace Granny M. Lou
 April 29, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Román

 HIM

“I, H., take you, M. Lou, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, NO MATTER what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.”

 HER “I, M. Lou, take you, to be my wedded husband. With deepest joy I come into my new life with you. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too happily give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you., I will live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife.”

 These sacred marriage vows were made in 1951 when two beings met, soon after they realized they were soul mates, became one and united their lives through a marriage bond. Neither one of those bodies crossed the line of disrespect EVER in any way throughout the sixty one years they were committed to each other. He made an oath to his beloved wife and accomplished it by cherishing her all through her existence, his eyes were only for her through their youth, more so when she bore his two children and his love grew even more when she was put in a rest home after she came down with Alzheimer’s.

He loved her not because of the shape of her body but because of what her body had created. He took care of her the way a REAL MAN is supposed to take care of his woman in every single possible way. He stood by her side till death did them apart just the way he swore in his marriage vows. She swore loyalty to her husband from the moment he slipped her wedding band on her finger. She committed herself to him for eternity and did her duty as the TRUE LADY she always was.

She reflected her love to him through the two children she gave life to. She was by his side through good and bad, through ups and downs, for better or for worse. This transparent and true promise of love came to a halt on January 26 when granny M. Lou passed away after a long lasting battle with Alzheimer’s. Grandpa H. has been completely shattered, since she passed away.

Ever since, he’s been trying to gather all the tiny particles of his broken heart. When I talked to him on the phone on Friday night I couldn’t find the words to put his soul at ease. “How can I live without my wife? She was not only my partner for 61 years but my soul mate, my best friend, the love of my life, my lady, the only woman I ever set eyes on. How can I keep going without her? It feels as though part of me has been torn off. I will never be whole again.” I sat there patiently listening, letting him vent out until he tired out.

 How can I tell him that I too am saddened to know that she’s gone because I will NEVER see her again? Little did I know that when I left “home” eight years ago that it would be the last time I saw her. I’ve been walking around in a daze neglecting reality because life’s opportunities to spend time with our loved ones are very limited. As much as I’d like her to come back to us I know that she’s somewhere watching from a distance spreading her love to others as she always did. Following the principles of Mother Teresa, “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier,” and, “The world is not only hungry for food, but also for love, affection and inner beauty.” Give love to every single person that comes across your journey as every single one of them comes to your life for a reason; whether it be to stay in your life forever, to teach you a lesson, to help you know yourself more, to help you be a better person or for many more reasons.” How can I tell her that she accomplished her mission in this world? Will she ever know that she did an amazing job as the good natured and sensible woman she always was? Maybe one day we’ll be together again so I can sit by her side and tell her that she taught me one of the most valuable lessons in life? To always give unconditional love no matter what internal turmoil a woman is going through? I would love to tell her that I have not once in my life known of one marriage like theirs.

Their devotion to one another was Fireproof. H. W. “I give you this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live.”

 M. Lou W. “I give you this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my husband: to have and to hold, from this day forward. For better, for worse, for richer for poorer; in sickness and in health; to have and to cherish, as long as we both shall live. And hereto, I pledge you my faithfulness to show to you the same kind of love as Christ showed the Church when He died for her, and to love you as a part of myself because in His sight we shall be one.”

 “Beautiful is how a woman lives. Beauty is in the mind, not in the mirror.” Frederic Fekkai Fountder-Creator, Fekkai hair care.

 Rest in Peace M. Lou W.

No comments: